06 December 2005

 

Today, I'm mostly hating the Post Office

Hey!

Still feeling a bit ropey - sore thoart and dizzy (nothing new there then!) but am pissed off more than anything.

This morning I chased up some payments I was due for work done recently. "We sent the payment to you on the 15th.......", but there's no sign of the cheque and once again I got someone else's post this morning but none of my own.

Right, that's it I thought, pulled on my running gear and ran down to the delivery office chanting 'cunts' under my breath. Demanded to see the delivery manager and vented spleen big time.

But oh no, it's actually all my fault for living in a house with a similar address to someone else (we both have the word Eagle in our address).

Silly me, eh?! How can I ever expect to get my post delivered correctly? Should have choosen to live in a house with an address that featured the word Vulture or Perrigrin Falcon instead.

When I asked whether it was possible that the postman could possibly check he had the right house before posting the mail I was told 'no'. "They generally don't do that". That would take too much time and he would never get round his route.

Pardon me, but how long does it take to read a street sign and check you are in the right street and scan an address and check the number is the same as the one on the envelope.

The people who are getting my post aren't even in the same road or postcode.........our addresses are not really that similar and we have different surnames.........who the hell is the post office employing? GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

When I get pissed off I ususally say I'm moving back to Italy but remembering what the Italian postal system is like, I'll put that idea back on a high shelf or something.

Since then I have spent the rest of the day debating whether or not to set up an alternative 'oh my god it actually works' postal system, start a hate campaign against my postie, or write to my MP (which I usually do when I'm annoyed, whether I think they can help or not, make the buggers work instead of swanning round Westminster...............my last MP HATED ME!).

I've also had to let workmen and delivery men in and out constantly. Bit of a pisser...............everytime I settle down to work on the second floor, the buzzer goes as the tiler/plumber/apprentice/electrician/nosey neighbour wants to get in or out of the driveway/house/garden. I have to go all the way downstairs and down the drive. Went mental as earlier I was interviewing someone only to be interupted by the apprentice who wanted the gate opening (I told him to leave it open but he forgot) so he could go for a smoke, not on my time Sonny Jim!

So once again a wasted day and I have two features to write.....................why did I go freelance again?

Plus, one of my kittens has decided to show his dislike for the new brand of cat litter that I bought them with his very own dirty protest and has shat in the cats' sleeping basket. Fookin fantastic!

So apart from the mile or so to the post office and back I haven't done any running today and as I have stuff to do in town and the Doves this evening I'm not likely too later either.

Probably for the best, if better tomorrow will head out early doors for a nice brisk 4/5 miler.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me (on all fronts!) today.

And....................................relax!

Charliex

Comments:
[tries not to laugh]
1,2,3,....10
 
i know pixie, 'assertive not aggressive' is what my mam always says to me, but when I'm confronted with a jobsworth like that I can't help being sarky (helps me control my urge to punch them!).

To add insult to injury I went out after posting that and managed to back my car into our front gates!!!!!!!!!

Driveway on a steep slope, have to reverse on tight angle, car is fine and gates are a bit stratched but they are still working, i think!

Is it any wonder I drink? (Not when driving, of course!)
 
i know pixie, 'assertive not aggressive' is what my mam always says to me, but when I'm confronted with a jobsworth like that I can't help being sarky (helps me control my urge to punch them!).

To add insult to injury I went out after posting that and managed to back my car into our front gates!!!!!!!!!

Driveway on a steep slope, have to reverse on tight angle, car is fine and gates are a bit stratched but they are still working, i think!

Is it any wonder I drink? (Not when driving, of course!)
 
and double posting too!

Jeez-us. Thought I'd had a shite day as well.

{grin}

;o)

enjoy the band tonight.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?